If you are preparing for the UGC NET exam then it is very important for you to have complete knowledge about the UGC NET Syllabus. The UGC NET exam is conducted by the University Grants Commission.
After qualifying in UGC NET exam, candidates can work as Assistant Professor and JRF but before that candidates have to pass UGC NET Paper 1 and Paper 2 subjects with good marks only then they get selected in UGC NET exam.
If you also want to get information about the complete syllabus of UGC NET Paper 1 and UGC NET Paper 2, then you must read this article completely.
UGC NET Syllabus 2023 (UGC NET 2023 syllabus full detail)
UGC NET exam is conducted in two papers. UGC NET Paper 1 which is a general paper, mainly tests things like Reasoning Ability, Comprehension, General Awareness etc.
On the other hand, UGC NET Paper 2 is a subject prescribed paper, in which questions are asked from the subject of your Post Graduation.
Let us get detailed information about the syllabus of both these papers.
UGC NET Syllabus For Paper – 1
This paper is compulsory for all the candidates appearing in the exam. Paper 1 consists of 10 sections and a total of 5 questions are asked in each unit.
- Unit 1 (Teaching Aptitude)
- Unit 2 (Research Aptitude)
- Unit 3 (Comprehension)
- Unit 4 (Communication)
- Unit 5 (Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude)
- Unit 6 (Logical Reasoning)
- Unit 7 (Data Interpretation)
- Unit 8 (ICT- Information and CommunicationTechnology)
- Unit 9 (Citizens, Development and Environment)
- Unit 10 (Higher Education System)
UGC NET Syllabus For Paper 1 consists of 10 units with 7 to 8 topics for each Unit. These topics are further divided into subtopics.
Unit 1 – Teaching Aptitude
- Learners Characteristics
- Factors Affecting Teaching related to teacher, learner, support material, Instructional facilities,leaving environment etc.
- Methods of Teaching in institution of higher learning
- Teaching Support System
- Evaluation Systems
Unit 2 – Research Aptitude
- Research Meaning ,types and characteristics
- Positivism and Post- Positivist approaches to Research
- Method of Research
- Steps of research
- Thesis and article writing
- Application of ICT in research
- Research ethics
Unit 3 – Comprehension
- A passage of text is given
Unit 4 – Communication
- Communication- Meaning, Types and Characteristics
- Effective Communication
- Barriers to Effective Communication
- Mass Media & Society
- Classroom Communication
Unit 5 – Mathematical Reasoning & Aptitude
- Types of Reasoning
- Number Series
- Letter Series
- Codes & Relationships
- Mathematical Aptitude
Unit 6 – Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive Reasoning
- Venn diagram
- Indian Logic
- Structure and kinds of Anumana,Vyapti, Hetvabhasas
Unit 7 – Data Interpretation
- Sources , acquisition and classification of data
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data
- Graphical Representation
- Data Interpretation
- Data & Governance
Unit 8 – ICT (Information and Communication Technology)
- ICT – General abbreviations and terminology
- Basics of the Internet
- Email , Audio and Video Conferencing
- Digital initiatives in higher education
- ICT and Governance
Unit 9 – Citizens, Development and Environment
- Development and Environment
- Human and Environment Interaction
- Environmental Issues
- Impacts of pollutants on human health
- Natural and Energy Resources
- Natural Hazards and Disasters
- Environmental Protection Act 1986
- National Action Plan on Climate Change
- International Agreements/Efforts
- Convention on Biodiversity
Unit 10 – Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and Education in ancient India
- Evolution of higher learning and Research in Post Independence India
- Oriental, conventional and non-conventional learning program in India
- Professional, technical and skill based education
- Value education
- Environmental education
- Governance, Policies and Administration
- Five Questions each carrying 2 marks are to be set from each module.
- Whenever graphical questions are set for sighted candidates, a passage followed by equal number of questions and weightage be set for visually impaired candidates.
UGC NET Syllabus For Paper – 2
The UGC NET Syllabus For Paper 2 Comprises the subject chosen by the candidates while filing up the application form. There will be 100 MCQ for 200 marks in Paper 2 from the subject selected by the candidate.
NET SYLLABUS FOR PAPER 2 IS RELEASED FOR 101 SUBJECTS ARE –
- Streams –
- Political Science,
- Science and application,
- Electronic science,
- Environmental science,
- Indian Language –
- Santali etc…
- Foreign Language –
- Cultures –
- Arab culture and Islamic Studies
- Indian culture
- Jain Peace studies
UGC NET 2 exam is the main subject, in which questions are asked from the subject of your post graduation. In whichever subject you are doing honors in post graduation, you have to select the same subject while filling this exam form.
You can also choose a subject from the following subjects in the UGC NET Paper 2 exam.
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Defense and Strategy studies
- Home Science
- Public Administration
- Population Studies
- Adult education
- Physical Education
- Arab culture and Islamic Studies
- Indian culture
- Labor Cultures
- Personal Management
- Library and Information Science
- Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian and Peace Study
- Comparative study of religion
- Mass Communication And Journalism
- Performing Art – Dance / Drama / Theatre
- Museology & Conservation
- Tribal and regional language
- Folk literature
- Comparative literature
- Sanskrit traditional subjects
- Women Studies
- Visual Arts
- Social medicine and community health
- Forensic science
- Computer science and application
- Electronic science
- Environmental science
- Human rights and duty
Whichever of these subjects you are studying in post graduation, you can choose it for the UGC Paper 2 exam.
In UGC Paper 2, questions are asked from the subjects of Graduation and Post Graduation.
If you still want to see the syllabus of your subject then you can visit the official website of UGC and download the UGC Paper 2 subject syllabus from there.
Click below to go to the official website of UGC NET
Exam Pattern of UGC NET 2022
|Paper||Pattern of Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper – 1||The question will be generic in nature||50||100|
|Paper- 2||This is based on the subject selected by the candidate||100||200|
|Total||150||300||3 hours (180 minutes)|
Important Points –
- All questions are mandatory.
- For it and every correct answer the candidate will get two marks in both paper 1 and 2.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- No marks will be given for unanswered questions.
- If there are any dropped question marks will be awarded to all the candidates.
In today’s article, you know what is the syllabus of UGC NET. Today you have learned about the syllabus of both the subjects of UGC NET Paper 1 and Paper 2.
I hope you have got complete information about the UGC NET Syllabus by reading today’s article.
If you liked today’s article, then definitely share it with your friends and if you have any question in your mind, then you can feel free to ask your question by commenting in the comment box.