B.Tech is considered to be the best course to move forward in the field of science and technology. If you want to become an engineer, then you can become a successful engineer by completing the B.Tech course.
B.Tech course is of 4 years duration consisting of 8 semesters. In today’s article, we will know what B.Tech is? How to do B.Tech? What is the Eligibility for B.Tech after the 12th?
If you also want to make your future in the field of engineering after class XII, then today’s article is going to be very important for you.
What is B.Tech Course
B.Tech ka full form Bachelor of Technology B.Tech courses are of two types. If you want to do a B.Tech course after class 12th, then you have to do a 4-year B.Tech course and
If you enter a B.Tech course after completing polytechnic engineering, then you have to do a 3-year B.Tech course and thus the admission process is known as lateral entry.
B.Tech Course Highlights
|Name of degree||Bachelor of Technology|
|Commonly known as||B. Tech|
|Course Duration||4 years|
|Admission Process||JEE Main, JEE Advanced, WBJEE, KEAM, AP EAMCET, TS EAMCET|
|Annual course fee||INR 2 to 5 lakh|
|Top Institutes||Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs)|
|Top Recruiters||Google, Apple, Hindustan Unilever Ltd, ISRO,|
|Specialisations||Civil Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical engineering, Marine Engineer|
B.Tech Popular Courses
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Computer science engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical and Communication Engineering
- Environment Engineering
- Agriculture Engineering
You can study different types of courses under B.Tech as per your choice.
If you become a software engineer then your job will be to make mobile applications, desktop applications and web applications and if you become a hardware engineer then your job will be to make computer hardware such as motherboards.
In today’s time, many students choose the civil branch, because the civil branch is a very good branch. In this branch, students are taught work related to construction, which is more interesting in construction for today’s students.
Such as roads, buildings, dams, power plants, bridges etc.
The technical course is also considered very good, in this course in the line of engineering, every work is technically explained to you. In simple words, you can take the example of a cycle.
All of you must have ridden a bicycle in your childhood, so this is a lesson in mechanics. Without studying mechanics, you cannot invent a bicycle.
You can do different types of B.Tech courses as per your choice. Let us know what is the qualification required to do B. Tech course after class XII?
Eligibility for B.Tech after 12th
- Candidates must have passed the class 12 exam from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects.
- They must also have secured minimum aggregate marks of 60% in the above subjects combined.
- Most admissions are done based on the student’s performance in the entrance examination.
- The regular mode of entry to the B.Tech course is through an entrance examination after Class 12th. The other mode is called as Lateral-Entry mode, wherein candidates can enroll in the BTech program in the second year.
- Those who possess a three-year diploma program in engineering can enroll in BTech under Lateral-Entry Scheme.
NOTE– The B.Tech eligibility criteria would vary from institute to institute
B.Tech Admissions Process
- For ultimate selection, most colleges and universities use Entrance Exams and Personal Interviews.
- Only a few colleges accept candidates based on their 10+2 grades.
- Lateral entrance to the BTech IT program is also available at some universities.
- The entrance test application forms are usually published in December/January.
- Following the announcement of the entrance exam results, the admissions authority holds counseling sessions during which students are assigned institutions depending on their entrance exam scores.
Top B.Tech Exams
- JEE Main- National Testing Agency (NTA)
- VITEEE- VIT University
- BITSAT- BITS Pilani
- SRMJEEE- SRM Institute of Science and Technology (Earlier known as SRM University)
- MET- Manipal Academy of Higher Education
- AP EAMCET- JNTU Kakinada
- COMEDK UGET- Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK).
- MHTCET- State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai
- KIITEE- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
- WBJEE- West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
Careers Opportunities after B.Tech
|Profile||An IT coordinator works on the PRPC-based applications.||Average Annual Salary|
|Software Developer||The job of a software developer is to develop software for clients and he/she is responsible to take the software development procedure forward for the project.||INR 2,50,000|
|IT Coordinator||A system analyst is responsible to design and implement various systems of computer.||INR 2,40,000|
|Testing Engineer||The job of a testing engineer is to test the software before the launch or before it is delivered to the client.||INR 3,20,000|
|System Analyst||IT technical content developer develops technical content for the required website.||INR 3,50,000|
|IT Technical Content Developer||A system analyst is responsible to design and implement various systems of computers.||INR 3,80,000|
|Applications Developer||The application developer’s job is to develop, design, implement, and maintain various other applications.||INR 3,20,000|
In today’s article, you have come to know that after passing the 12th class, what should be the qualification for doing a B.Tech course? I hope that you have got information in this context by reading today’s article.
If you liked today’s article, then do share it with your friends and if you have any questions in your mind, then feel free to ask us by commenting in the comment box.