There are many youths in our country who dream of doing their favorite course. So that he can fulfill his dreams. One of these courses is MBA course. The candidate for taking admission in MBA course has to go through the state examination.
The name of the entrance exam is CAT Exam.
It is very important to qualify CAT exam for MBA course. CAT exam is considered one of the toughest entrance exam in our India. If you also want to do MBA course then it is very important to qualify CAT exam.
To know which subjects have to be studied in CAT exam, we should first analyze its syllabus, so that we can be successful in CAT exam.
Today I am going to give you complete information about CAT Syllabus in this article related to the same. Therefore, to get complete information, you must read this article till the end.
What is CAT Exam (Full Form of CAT)
The full form of CAT is Common Admission Test which is organized by the Indian Institute of Management.
CAT is an entrance exam, which is conducted through online medium in about 156 cities of the country. Which is organized by IIMS.
After passing this exam, students get a chance to do MBA from the famous management colleges of the country.
In these famous colleges, India’s big companies provide good jobs to the students after completing their master’s degree.
So that they can make a good future for themselves by fulfilling their dreams.
Every year this exam is conducted and currently more and more engineering students are preparing for CAT exam to make their dreams come true.
It is not easy for the students to crack CAT exam as it is considered to be one of the toughest exam in India.
Along with the time, the students are also working very hard and getting a good result in the CAT exam.
With the passage of time the number of students appearing for CAT exam is also increasing.
What are the Eligibility for CAT 2023 Exam
If you are thinking about giving this exam then it is necessary for you to be eligible, only then you can give this exam.
To give CAT exam, you must have the following qualifications –
- To give this exam, it is mandatory for the student to have a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
- It is also mandatory for the student to score a minimum of 50% marks in the Bachelor’s degree course, although a relaxation of 5% is given by the government to the reserved category candidates.
- Even if you are in the final year of Bachelor’s degree, you can apply for CAT exam, but after the exam, you can get admission in the course only after completing Bachelor’s degree.
- To get degree like MBA/CA/CS/CWA etc it is mandatory to qualify your CAT exam.
- Any candidate can give this exam as many times as he wants, there is no limit on the age limit and number of attempts of CAT exam.
How much are CAT Exam Fees in 2023
When you apply for CAT exam, you have to pay the fees online. We get a lot of options to pay the fees online. Pay the Examination Fee Through Debit Card, Credit Card, UPI ID, Net Banking etc.
Different fees are charged for different categories of candidates for CAT exam, which are as follows –
|General / OBC||2200|
|SC / ST||1100|
|PWD / DA||1000|
This fee can be more or less, which you can know through notification.
what is CAT Exam Pattern in 2023
Before giving CAT exam, it is very important to know about its exam pattern and syllabus.
Through the exam pattern, we get an idea of how many questions are asked from how many subjects, and due to the knowledge of the syllabus, we are able to score well in the exam, so let’s first know the exam pattern of the exam.
Let us understand the CAT exam pattern point wise.
- CAT exam has to be solved in English language only.
- Only 120 minutes are given to solve the entire question paper.
- The question paper of CAT exam is divided into three parts, in which the student has to attempt 66 questions.
- 40 minutes are given to solve each of the three sections of the question paper.
- Questions are asked from Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Aptitude and Data interpretation or Logical Reasoning in three sections.
- The question paper is asked MCQs (70% to 75%) and TITA type (25% to 30%).
- In the exam, 3 marks are given for every correct answer and one part is deducted for wrong answer and no marks are given for not answering any answer.
CAT 2023 Syllabus (CAT exam 2023 syllabus)
The CAT exam is divided into three parts, in which you are asked free or questions from three subjects, which is as follows.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension,
- Quantitative Aptitude and
- Data interpretation or Logical Reasoning
Let us know about the syllabus of these three subjects.
CAT 2023 Syllabus for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Para Jumbles
- Para Completion
- Fill in the Blanks
- Solved Sample Questions
- Phrase Modifiers
- Type of Clauses
- Type of Articles
- Reading Comprehension
- Parts of Speech
- Error in Tenses
- Vocabulary Based (Synonyms/Antonyms)
- Cloze Passage
- Facts – Inferences – Judgement
CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension Syllabus Weightage
|Topic Name||Expected no. of Questions|
|Reading Comprehension Passage – Based Questions||16|
|Para – Jumbled||3 to 4|
|Para – Summary||3 to 4|
|Odd Sentences||1 to 2|
|Others (Sentence Completion, Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary Based etc..)||0 to 1|
CAT 2023 Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Number System
- Modern Math
- Cube & Square Roots
- Mean, Median and Mode
- Number System
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- LCM and HCF
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Ratio and Proportion
- Quadratic Equations & Linear Equations
- Complex Numbers
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Sequence and Series
- Suresh and Indices
- Set Theory & Function
- Permutation and Combination
- Mixture and Alligations
- Coordinate Geometry
CAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus Weightage
|Topic Name||Expected no. of questions|
|Arithmetic||8 to 9|
|Algebra||6 to 7|
|Number System||1 to 2|
|Geometry & Mensuration||4 to 5|
|Modern Maths||1 to 2|
CAT 2023 Syllabus for Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Seating Arrangement
- Venn Diagram
- Blood Relation
- Clocks and Calendars
- Pie Chart and Tables
- Statement and Assumptions
- Bar Graph
- Line Graph
- Colum Graph
- Number and Letter Series
- Seating Arrangement
- Binary Logic
- Logical Matching
- Logical Sequence
CAT Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation Syllabus Weightage
|Topic||No. of Questions|
|Arranging People into Countries & Categories||6|
|Bar Graphs – Percentages||4|
|Blood Relation ,Calendar – Clocks||4|
|Games & Tournaments||4|
|Number Based Reasoing||6|
|Games and Tournaments (Javelin)||6|
In today’s article, you learned about the CAT 2023 Syllabus . Today you know what is CAT exam? What should be the qualification for CAT exam? What is the fee for CAT exam? What is the exam pattern of CAT exam?
I hope you have got answers to all the questions related to CAT exam by reading our today’s article.
If you have liked our today’s article, then do share it with your friends so that this important information can reach them too and if you have any question in your mind, then you can ask your question by commenting in the comment box sent to us.